Monday, May 29, 2017

Love is Truly Artistic

Warning.... there's another sneak peek here ;)



When I saw these two stamp sets in the new catalog, I just KNEW that they had to go together. We were given the Crafting Forever stamp set at the Stampin' Up! CentreStage event in Calgary (this is a reward dinner event for achieving demonstrators), which was soooo nice! Later that evening, I was flipping through my copy of the new catalog and I saw the Just Add Text stamp set - and this sentiment. It reads, "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." It's a quote by Van Gogh, and it so perfectly encapsulates my worldview. I believe that loving the people around me is an art, and an honor, and something that will take me a lifetime to perfect.

Challenge accepted.

Along the journey, there will be (as there have already been so many) failures and flops. Mistakes. Frustrations. Attempts which just don't even make sense. But there will also be beautiful works of art - unintentional glimpses into a parallel reality where things are perfect. Those rare but unforgettable moments when a connection forms between the vast depths of two souls, and the security of unconditional acceptance that follows. It is, quite honestly, one of the things I wake up every day for, and is a huge part of the reason why I love Stampin' Up! and the community that's developed out of it for me. I love my art form.

You didn't think I'd get all sappy and philosophical, did you?
Thanks for stopping by! Let's get together in person sometime!

Jenilee

No comments:

Post a Comment