Wednesday, May 2, 2018

ICS Blog Hop: It's A Guy Thing


Welcome to the May Inspire, Create, & Share Blog Hop! This month, our theme is "It's a Guy Thing." Let's face it. Masculine cards can sometimes be tricky for me to make. I like flowers. I like pink. Well, hey, I like turquoise too - but that's maybe more of a girly blue. Anyways... we were tasked with making a masculine card. And while I freely admit that this might not be the most manly man masculine card... I love it and I'd totally give it to my man - or my boys! They are my knights in shining armor every day :)


For this card, I used the Magical Day stamp set. I loooooooove it, and I am so sad that it's not carrying over into the next catalog! It is just so stinkin' fun to color in with the Stampin' Blends, or Watercolor Pencils, blender pens, or Aquapainters. We just have so many great coloring options right now!! I colored these images with the Stampin' Blends, using Night of Navy, Bermuda Pay, Pool Party, Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Ivory, and Pink Pirouette. And a little light touch of the Color Lifter here and there. I used the coordinating Magical Mates framelits to cut out those images with the Big Shot. I love how they cut them out so perfectly!

Also. That background behind the "Happy Birthday" stamp!! Simply take a piece of plain Whisper White cardstock, and color a gradient using the Blends. Start with the darkest color and color a strip. Then, add the next lightest color and add another strip, blending it with the first. Continue on until you have a gradient you're happy with! I started with the Bermuda Bay dark Blends, moved to the Bermuda Bay light Blends, then Pool Party Dark, then Pool Party Light. Then I cut a circle using the Stitched Shapes Framelits, embossed the Happy Birthday stamp image with white Stampin' Emboss powder, and layered it with a scallop circle in silver foil. And those rhinestones? Simple rhinestones, colored with the dark Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends marker.


Hope you like it! I love the Blends, and I love any excuse to use them as much as possible. What's your favorite technique with the Stampin' Blends? Leave me a comment to let me know you were here :)

https://bit.ly/2HMVxw3


And then go see the next person on the hop - Shirley Merker. Simply click on the button below, and enjoy the rest of the hop. Thanks for stopping by! If you're interested in any of the products I used on this card, scroll down for the product list. Clicking on any of the items will take you to my online store where you can purchase them, if you're in Canada. If you don't already have a demonstrator, I'd love to be yours! If you're outside of Canada and you're looking for a demonstrator, I can direct you to one of my friends. Enjoy the hop!







Here's what I used on this card:

21 comments:

  1. That is so cute! You and Janey are trying to make me get this stamp set! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the picnic set or I would have made one with the knight that said, "Every day with you is a picnic." ;) I wanted to make my husband that one for Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite suites. Really like everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice coloring with the Blends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring! Brings the little knight and dragon to life. Like the ombre circle too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! The Blends make anyone look like a pro!

      Delete
  5. Jenilee!! LOVE what you've done with my favorite suite!! And the white embossing with blended background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and your awesome at coloring!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. Coloring with the Blends is my favorite!

      Delete
  7. Sooo stinkin' cute and I love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites... and if you look through past photos, you'll see that I use it a LOT. lol! It's funny how I keep getting drawn back to it again and again. My oldest son had a sleep sack in these colors when he was a baby, and I keep finding myself using them ever since! Funny how those memories stick with you.

      Delete
  8. Jenilee, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun color combo - I love this set!

    ReplyDelete