Saturday, May 27, 2017

A pretty sparkly Happy Birthday to you!

I'm in the middle of my biannual (twice a year) Stamp Your Heart Out Retreat this weekend, and I'm having SO much fun playing with some of the new stuff that's being released later this week (June 1 - can hardly wait!!). So here's a little sneaky peak for ya!


How much do you love that watercolor-washed background! I don't know if you can tell, but it was watercolor pencils washed with a clear Wink of Stella to give it a satiny sheen. It is SO pretty IRL. And that "Happy Birthday" is from a new thinlit (go figure, called the "Happy Birthday thinlit") that is pretty much my favorite thing in the whole new catalog. I simply looooove it. And it makes such amazing cards without a whole lot of effort. It is an item that will make you look like a cardmaking superstar!

A tip for using those thinlits? Cut two in contrasting colors, and layer them together to create a shadow for added dimension. You're welcome!

Thanks for visiting! What's your favorite item in the new catalog?

Jenilee



No comments:

Post a Comment