Monday, November 21, 2016

Online Extravaganza! And Masculine Monday :)

 Ummm... so this is my favorite week of the year. NOT just because it's my birthday. OK, well, mostly. My birthday's actually NEXT Monday, but it often falls during Black Friday week, which always just feels so festive and exciting. Even for a Canadian!! haha!

Stampin' Up! always has their awesome sale this week, so I decided to add a little sumpin' of my own to the sweetness - a free roll of black metallic thread when you place an order with me between Nov. 21 & 28! I love that thread; it just adds that little bit of shine that just makes a project stand out!

OK, now for my today's project. I've decided that I'm going to be featuring cards that can be used for the male population on Mondays - hence, Masculine Mondays. These won't just be cards for men - they could be for all ages: babies, boys, teens, sons, brothers, husbands, dads, grandpas (or if you're in our family, Opas!). So without further ado, here's my Masculine Monday card for today!


I love this sweet little card - and I'll give you a couple of tips for insight into how I build my cards. First of all, for this card, I wanted to use the Foxy Friends stamp set and Fox builder punch - and that Foxy Friends designer series paper stack just matches perfectly! So I knew that I would be basing my card on the DSP which meant the colors were going to be Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Whisper White, and Calypso Coral. Great! That fox was super cute stamped in Calypso Coral! A note when using the fox builder punch - some of the images are stamped mirror image - so that means that you can either punch them first and then stamp them (which is super easy considering the stamps are photopolymer) or stamp the miscellaneous pieces which are aligned the right way for the punch, and then punch and assemble them. It just means that the fox's tail will be pointing the OTHER way if you choose to use the separate stamps (ie - stamping the tail only as opposed to the stamp with the entire fox).

Anyways. Isn't that bowtie just too cute?? I love it! Now all he needs are a pair of specs.

Another tip for this card - the designer paper pieces are cut into 2"x3" which means that you can get 6 from each sheet in the 6"x6" stack! With no waste! Love it!

Jenilee

No comments:

Post a Comment