Sunday, November 15, 2015

November Club Projects, #3 of 4!

This card features yet another stamp set that I just.had.to.have! I love the dove, and I love the detailed artwork. I love everything about it! I wanted to make a super quick and simple card for club. I *try* to make a 5-minute card, a 10-minute card, and a 20-minute card for club. That's my goal anyway. I don't know if I achieve it! Making simple cards is not my strength! But I do love this one, and it is simple. The image and sentiment are all on one stamp, and it's stamped in Versamark and embossed with gold. I then sponged pool party in a small ring near the center of the card, leaving some white in the very middle. Then I sponged Pacific Point around the outer edges. 
I'll tell you my trick for this card: cut your card front larger than you want the final product to be. When you sponge in a circular motion, you need to squish your sponge tightly and press in a circular motion pretty much as hard as you can. To get the soft color, you don't necessarily need a ton of color - especially when you're sponging Pacific Point. Better to do a lot of soft layering of color than have a dark blotch where there was too much ink on the sponge! After you've sponged your color on, you'll notice that you will have blue lines up and down the sides of your card. When you trim your card front, they'll disappear and you'll be left with a beautiful, circularly sponged card front. (I don't know if circularly is a word. Probably not).


Ta-da! Attach the ribbon to the card front, attach the card front to the base with some dimensionals, and you're done! This is a card you could mass-produce in a hurry. Love it!

Here are the products I used to make this card. They are available through my online store, or by contacting me & getting me to do the ordering for you!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Jenilee

No comments:

Post a Comment