Friday, December 2, 2016

Fabulous Mexi-Friday!

Mexico is my happy place. If you've known me for any length of time, you probably know that. I was playing around with the Birthday Fiesta stamp set at our retreat earlier this month, and I came up with this card. I LOVE it. I love the cactus, I love the sunset, I love that little tiny heart. I just love it. It's Mexico in a card!!


That background is sponged using our Stampin' Sponges. I like to cut them into sixths, and then staple a tag on as a little handle in the color of cardstock I intend to use the sponge for. Now I have a sponge for every color, and they never get mixed up! Anyways, the trick to sponging like this is PRESSURE. You want to start with your lightest color and rub the color in with heavy pressure in a circular motion. I really can't emphasize that enough - I often get stampers in my classes who try to just dab the color on the paper. You're not dabbing - you're rubbing it in. You want that paper to become the color on your sponge. You don't need to be careful! Then add in your next lightest color, all the way to your darkest color. I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Melon Mambo here. And then I punched the circle out and layered it with the Basic Black circle.  

PS - Don't forget to check out the YearEnd Closeout Sale happening on the Clearance Rack! Here are just a few of the items in the sale:



Thanks for stopping in!
Where is your happy place?

Jenilee

No comments:

Post a Comment