Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Technique Tuesday: Belly Bands!

Here's another club card we made this week! We have a beautiful new framelit set coming out in January (hint: this isn't it!), and I wanted to brush up on making pretty belly bands. They're so easy and fun and they add so much to a card!


This card is so super simple - the base card has the flourish on it, and then the rest is all part of the belly band! To make the band, I took a 3/4" x 11" strip of whisper white and wrapped it around the card, attaching in the middle front. I then cut two strips of Silver Glimmer with the decorative strip from the Flourish Framelits, and attached those to the Whisper White Strip. Next, I made a bow out of Soft Sky cardstock using the Bow Builder Punch. I placed a Silver Tassel on the middle of the front (where the cardstock overlapped) and attached it using a glue dot, and then attached the bow using a glue dot. Finally, I made the Congrats tag and tied it on using Whisper White baker's twine. Ta-Da!

Jenilee


No comments:

Post a Comment