Friday, February 24, 2017

Watercolor Pencils Class!

I had a Watercolor Pencils Technique Class on Tuesday evening - and I wanted to show you one of the cards we made that day! I wanted to show at the class how the pencils can be used with a variety of papers and coloring mediums. This one *might* be my favorite :)


It would be SO easy to make a whack of these. You could change up the colors super easily, too. To make this card, I used watercolor paper and colored 4 sections with 4 different watercolor pencils, making the sections overlap into one another (Delightful Daffodil went into Pumpkin Pie which went into Calypso Coral which overlapped into Melon Mambo). Then, I used my Clear Wink of Stella pen to blend the colors - just like you would with an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen. Now tell me that's not awesome!! No, don' tell me. Because it is. And another thing - the only color on this card comes from the watercolor pencils. So it would be soooo easy to change up this card by using a different stamp set or set of colors. It's like a blank canvas! You could do anything with it!!

I set it aside for a few minutes and then assembled it when it was dry. When I went back to make some other color combinations, I wasn't so patient and I dried them with my heat tool. That works too. I stamped the sentiment from the Big on Birthdays stamp set (p. 6 in the Occasions Catalog). Don't you just love large sentiments on a watercolored background?! I sure do! And there ya go! A super easy, super beautiful card, done!

Thanks for stopping by; happy stamping!

Jenilee


2 comments: